March 17th, 2020
During this time we want to let you know what Cunningham Telephone & Cable is doing for our customers.
Monday March 16th we upgraded our legacy Entry internet customers to Standard speeds through June 1st to help people better utilize the internet and for their students that may be completing their semester online.
Also yesterday we joined FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s KEEP AMERICANS CONNECTED Pledge. https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-363075A1.pdf
Here is the pledge:
Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society. Cunningham Telephone & Cable pledges for the next 60 days to:
- Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
- Open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any Americans who need them
We are waiving late fees for the next 60 days. We also will not terminate your services due to hardships caused by the coronavirus and will work with customers on payment plans to get them caught up after the 60 days has passed. Through our partnership through NCKCN, we have NCK WiFi hotspots scattered through our service areas that customers can already utilize free of charge. We do not have data caps or throttling restrictions on any of our broadband services so that’s a benefit we already provide. For college students who live in our area and have had college classes cancelled, we are waiving service contracts so student can disconnect without charge if they are leaving our service area to travel back home.
The safety of our employees and communities is of utmost importance along with reassuring our customers we will do everything in our power to keep your essential broadband services up and running during this trying time.
We do ask that customers look into using one of our non-personal contact means of paying their bills such as check by phone, ACH or online bill pay services that we offer. If you are sick, please postpone our installations of services in your home until you are well again. We have already instructed our employees to increase hand hygiene, clean office countertops and door handles multiple times of day, and for employees not feeling well to immediately go home until they are well again. In the coming days we will be looking at restricting in-person visits to our offices and will look towards creative ways of interacting with our customers for the needed information such as paperwork. We are continually evaluating steps to reduce the risk for our community and employees due to the COVID-19 pandemic all the while maintaining the essential services you rely on.
Cunningham Telephone & Cable
COVID-19 Cunningham Telephone & Cable update
At Cunningham Telephone & Cable our primary concern is the health and well-being of our customers, employees and community. With that in mind we are taking additional precautions to help prevent the spread the COVID-19 illness.
Beginning Thursday, March 19th, Cunningham Telephone & Cable will limit access to its business office locations to employees only. We ask that customers consider connecting with us in the following ways:
- Over the phone. Customer service representative and technical support can be reached by calling one of our local offices; Beloit 534-1111, Concordia 243-4068, Belleville 527-2226 and Glen Elder 545-3215 or 800-287-8495
- On our website. We have a lot of information on our website to help customers.
- Office dropbox. If you are needing to drop off a payment, all our office locations have an outdoor dropbox
- Through social media. You can keep up-to-date by following our company’s Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CunninghamTelephoneandCable/
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as Cunningham Telephone & Cable does its part to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers. We will continue to review recommendations and seek guidance from local, state, and national agencies and implement additional precautions as necessary. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-287-8495